Saturday, July 30, 2011
I've started the second section. I tried a different pattern, but after several tries, it just wasn't working for me, so I decided to use this one. Which is why it's not in the top section; I didn't want to put this pattern so close to the first one.
Friday, July 29, 2011
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Last night I stitched all the outlines; the outside line is in chain stitch, in #5 pearl cotton; the interior lines are in stem stitch, in #8 pearl cotton. This morning I hooped it, and started stitching the first fill pattern, using one strand of DMC cotton floss. Actually, I had it set up in a frame, but found it too awkward to work around that big shape. The hoop is easier.
Monday, July 25, 2011
Sunday, July 24, 2011
I'm in the planning stages of a new project (I know, I have so many projects waiting to be finished, but you know how I am, I'll get back to them, I promise. Eventually). This will be an embroidered heart in a crazy-patch style, with the patches filled in with different blackwork embroidery patterns. Toward that end, I've been spending a lot of time over the last few days stitching up sample bits of various fill patterns. I'll post pics of the samples sometime in the next few days.
I've been working on a crazy quilt that will actually fit in our bed (I think)! I've made over 200 blocks, which will finish a 5" x 5". Of those. I've got over 30 embellished. Here's one of them. I guess I'll have to post them one at a time, since I can't seem to make multiple images play nicely right now.
Since the last time I posted, I've had cataract surgery on both eyes, and can now see distant things without glasses! The trade-off is that since I'm no longer near-sighted, instead of holding small stitching close up to see it, I have to hold it farther away, and use magnifiers. It's hard to change a life-long habit, but I'm determined!