Saturday, November 25, 2006

Approaching the end...

...of the first vacation I've had in years.

No, I didn't go anywhere; but I've had the whole week off, and I can't remember the last time I took so much time off from work and still got paid. I've spent most of the time loafing in various ways, which has been very nice, but not long enough.

I thought I might do some cleaning, so I could move some of my fabric and stuff into my studio, but none of that has happened. But I have been working on my Wild Garden, basting hexagons and sewing them together.

One of the reasons that I wanted to start getting my fabric out of the closet in which it is packed (and I do mean Packed! To get any of it out, I'll have to get everything out, and I'm just not ready to tackle a project of that magnitude), is that somewhere in that overstuffed closet is a bag containing several sections that I've already stitched together, and a box that has the fabric I want to use for the backing, and all my batting. I figured that if I could excavate those elements, I might already have enough to quilt into the lap quilt for Honey.

Oh well, I'll keep stitching with what I have out, and maybe tackle the closet when I'm off again in December.

No comments: