I went to the Natural Foods store yesterday, and bought (among other things) some buckwheat hulls and some catnip, so I could make some catnip mousies for my kitties. I also bought some lavender, to stuff a sleep mask for me.
Anyway, today I got out some flannel scraps that I got from a coworker, and made myself a mousie template from an index card. I drew it about the size of their favorite non-catnip mousies, forgetting that those mousies have their little skins stretched over a hard body by a machine. I came to that realization after sewing four of them and turning two right-side out. These were way too small to stuff with anything but a cotton ball, and we don't have any of those. So I tossed them, and the cats are going to get little square pillows instead.
Back to stitching!