Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Blackwork Heart on Crazy block





I've done some embellishing on the crazy block set around the blackwork heart. I think I'm going to do some more on it, but for the moment, I'm going to set it aside in favor of starting on Mary Corbet's long and short stitch lessons, which I mentioned in my last post.







Meanwhile, I thought you might like to see what my worktable looks like. The four-block crazy section that has the blackwork heart on it completely takes up the empty space on the table.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this heart! What a stunning piece of stitching. I have only just discovered the joys of blackwork, after stitching a blackwork owl pincushion for a friend. I am keen to try it again! My question is, would you consider sharing the pattern for this heart so I could stitch it myself? Also, how big is it? (ie stitch count, fabric count?)Thank you :)