Sunday, September 21, 2008

Opening Your Creative Eye

Many people believe that they are not creative. I believe that many of those people could be creative, if they could learn one thing: how to see like an artist.

I believe that this can, in fact, be taught, and I've been thinking for quite some time about how I might do just that. So here is lesson one.

The first step is to get some pictures of things that appeal to you. These can be pictures that you've taken of things around you or places you've been, or they can be pictures that you've found in magazines. The important thing is that there's something about these pictures that "speaks" to you.

Pick three of those pictures, and ask yourself the following questions about them:

  • What is it that I like about these pictures?
  • What (if anything) do these pictures have in common?
I'll follow with a few of my own "inspiration" pictures, so you can see what I mean.

No comments: