Saturday, September 27, 2008

What I'm up to this week

Well, I've made a little progress on the Cathedral Windows piece, but the tutorial is going to have to wait awhile. I got new batteries for my camera, but it's still dead. So, in a couple of weeks (after the rent is paid), I'll finally get a digital camera. Nothing high-end, because that's just not in the budget at all. But Radio Shack has quite a few decent ones for about $100 or so.

Meanwhile, One of the quilting email groups I belong to is doing a mystery: all in the color family. I spent a couple of hours today rummaging through my stash, and wound up pulling fabric for four different colorways of this quilt. Now I'm prewashing everything before I cut. I always prewash my fabrics (one at a time, in the sink), because I want them to do any bleeding or shrinking they might do before I've used them in a quilt. Know what I mean?

And those lovely two-inch stars I did for the mini swap? Were supposed to be three inches square. Oh well, I don't have time before the deadline to redo them, so either people will be okay with sashing them up to three inches, or I'll get my own blocks back.

The paper-piecing group that did the four-inch teacup block swap has started a six-inch stocking block swap for the holidays. The deadline for that is December 1, so I have plenty of time.

I've sketched out the next part of the "Opening Your Creative Eye" series, so I'll try to get that posted tomorrow. I still need to carry out that step on my example picture, so you can see what I'm talking about.

Well, the timer just went off to tell me that it's time to swap fabrics in the sink. Later!

No comments: